Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Field Experience Day 2 - February 3rd, 2012

1.) Reflection on lesson:






The lesson on my first day at St Mary's was very interesting.  My host teacher had the students mainly working on fitness.  He said they do a running marathon once a month and I was fortunate to get to see it.  My host teacher set a timer to 20 minutes and had music playing as the students did laps around the gym. There were hurdles set up also for the students to jump over as they went around the course.  I was very suprised to see how much effort the students put forward throughout the 20 minutes. My master teacher stressed to the students that they did not have to run the entire time.  He just wanted the students to remain active throughout and tried to encourage the students that struggled. While this was going on my host teacher explained how the next few days would work. He explained that we would be doing stations and have each of us at one station running it our own way. I enjoyed his positive attitude and willingness to allow me to control my station. I look forward to preparing and teaching the next class.


No comments:

Post a Comment