Tuesday, February 21, 2012

lab 15 Improving Teaching Skills













1.) Reflect upon your lab teaching experience. Describe your teaching strengths and weaknesses for teaching in this lab.
My teaching experience overall was pretty successful.  My strengths as a teacher are that I am confident and not afraid to use my voice.  I have always been comfortable around kids and try to be positive in all situations. I also liked using visuals and creating a story to connect with the students.  My weaknesses were mostly planning and structure of the lesson.  My major issue was I printed off my words to go with my props but forgot to use them during my lesson.  I had planned to use them but when I got into the flow of the lesson I just never found the time to use them during the shortened lesson.


2.) Identify one of your most effective teachers. What teaching behaviors did you admire most in the way he/she taught?
The teacher that comes to mind for me is a teacher here at Cortland.  He is very strong and confident with his lesson activities and always finds a positive. He has a very similar teaching style to how I try to teach my lessons and always tries to make things fun and exciting.


3.) What goals will you set for yourself as you prepare to teach in the Education 300 Field Experience
I will try to use the strengths I already have and try to enhance them.  But more importantly I will focus on my weaknesses and try to have a better plan and structure before I teach the students. I also will try to make a better connection with the students and know them on a more personal level.









No comments:

Post a Comment