Sunday, March 11, 2012

Field Experience day 5 - March 2nd, 2012

4.) Management Strategies:






At St Mary's today I focused on watching how my master teacher handled the students and kept the class flowing. My master teacher would use discipline when necessary but didn't let one student disrupt the whole class. I talked with him about to quickly transition from activity to activity without wasting time.  Some teachers take to long explaining a task, when the students are capable of figuring out some things on their own.  The lesson today was floor hockey and we were assisting our master teacher with the different activities.  The class was broken down into 5 lines spread evenly throughout the gym.  I monitored the end 2 lines while the master teacher was in the middle with mike on the outside 2 lines.  Although sometimes lines can have to much time standing around, are master teacher created very good activities to keep the students active.  The main ideas he  stressed to me were making sure the students were active and productive.  Go into each lesson with a good outline and plan of how your going to teach each class.



http://www.google.com

No comments:

Post a Comment