Sunday, March 11, 2012

Field Experience day 6 - March 2nd, 2012

6.) Skill themes and student abilities :








Today with my master teacher I discussed what skill theme would be the best to pre test on.  Focusing on a skill the students ability level was lower on to leave room for improvement on the post test.  Throughout my time at St Mary's and having talked to my master teacher I have found the students to be very skilled and have similar ability levels.  My master teacher discussed how it is very important to base the lesson around the students ability level. He explains how he prepares extra challenges because the students don't seem to struggle with basic tasks.  With that knowledge I tried to push the students today in the floor hockey unit. I always made sure the student was comfortable before I would add a challenge to the task. The activities were mostly in lines and I had 2 lines that I was monitoring and helping with the activities.  St Mary's is very lucky to have a great selection of equipment and it makes adding challenges and creating unique activities easy as a teacher.




No comments:

Post a Comment