Sunday, April 1, 2012

Field Experience day 8 - March 20th, 2012

7.)  Assessment of Student Learning:


Throughout my time spent at St Mary's I have seen no evidence of assessment.  My master teacher does track progress on certain activities and takes notes but there is no formal assessment.  I think my master teacher does a very good job with the kids and from my observations almost all of the student in the class have at least been at the control level in the skills performed in class.  Although I still believe assessment is a vital part of physical education and is often skipped over by many teachers.  When we have to are pre and post tests I want the students to be comfortable with it and not have them react poorly to being assessed.  I will try to make sure the students understand what is going on so they are not confused with the idea of being assessed on a certain skill theme.

No comments:

Post a Comment