Sunday, April 1, 2012

Field Experience day 9 - March 30th, 2012

5.) Curriculum and NYS standards:


St Mary's has a curriculum they follow and from what my master teacher showed me it is detailed and organized well.  They have a rough estimation of when they will be doing each unit and all the physical education classes do they same unit.  So it makes equipment set up and clean up easier because the unit is the same for each class.  This keeps all the classes on the same schedule which is much easier for the teachers.  I have not observed my master teacher directly relating anything to the NYS standards but he uses them as a guideline for how he should teach his class.  I think it could be helpful to post the standards up in the gym somewhere just so the students can learn what the standards are and why they are important.

No comments:

Post a Comment